Monday, July 30, 2007

South Dakota, better than you think


We just got back from a short week in South Dakota. Took in the usual sights in the badlands and the black hills. Weather was pretty good, and the scenery was nice - lush green forests, mountains and lakes. I don't know why, but for some reason I had extremely low expectations that were way off base. So I came up with a new slogan for the state tourism authority: South Dakota, better than you think.

Saw lots of these guys roaming about the park. I have lots of photos that I'll slowly start posting later this week.

4 comments:

K T Cat said...

How about: "South Dakota. Now with 23% less yawning!"

Looking forward to the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Buffalo!? Real, live buffalo!? Cool.

Kelly the little black dog said...

Yup, and lots of them. I have the pictures to prove it.

Anonymous said...

"South Dakota, better than you think."

Isn't that on their license plates?