Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Christmas Meme

Tagged with a Christmas Meme

We've been tagged with a Christmas meme by The Feline Theocracy.

The rules: Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog. Share Christmas facts about yourself. Tag random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. Wrapping or gift bags? Both. I prefer to wrap, but after the first half dozen packages, I find myself reaching for bags.

2. Real or artificial tree? I used to always get a real tree, but last year I couldn't find one small enough for the place we planned to put it, so I sprung for an artificial one. It looks pretty good - not like the ones my grandparents had, but I do miss the smell of a real pine tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? Mid-December. I never get around to it before that.

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in January. Again usually the middle of the month. We usually need the space for something else.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but only because of the rum in it. It seems too rich to me now. And the wife doesn't like it, so I don't bother getting it anymore.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Most of my early childhood gifts blur together. But I remember two. When I was about 4, I got a metal hook and ladder Tonka fire truck. I still remember it. I also got my first bike a few years later. Had it until my early teens.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have one, but I couldn't remember where it was packed away, so it didn't go up. Its missing about half the figures, so we actually need to get a new one.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of one.

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? We mailed Christmas cards this year, but only at the last minute. Its not clear that they will reach their destination in time. Typically the last few years I'd send out an email letter. But I wanted to do a bit more this year.

10. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story. I missed this when it first came out. Caught it in a theatre a few years ago and couldn't stop laughing.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Early to mid-November. I usually start looking for sales online.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Prime rib with Yorkshire pudding. Although this year it will be lamb instead.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? A mixture of both. This year it turned out by accident to be red, white, and blue. I'm going to look for strings of warmer colors to add for next year.

14. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Old Ones.


Now it's time to tag someone. Let's see how about ... Dr. Zaius, Evil Spock, and mem beth.

2 comments:

FreakyNick said...

I played, and added some Questions that I seen for this meme on other blogs.

Have a Great Holiday

K T Cat said...

Carol of the Old Ones?

Loved it.