Saturday, February 17, 2007

Fox's answer to "The Daily Show"

The Fox Noise Channel's attempt to rip of the success of Jon Stewart is their The 1/2 Hour News Hour. Salon asks if they hire[d] monkeys to write it? I'd say that statement was insulting to primates. What I saw was sadder than the last decade of Saturday Night Live. It was just terrible! The only vaguely entertaining part was the intro with racist comedian Rush Limbaugh and bat-shit crazy Ann Coulter playing themselves.

Strange how the far right thinks that a racist lying drug addicted misogynist pig and a fascist self-hating closet lesbian represent neo-conservative values - then again perhaps they do! Let the feces slinging begin...

4 comments:

K T Cat said...

Sounds jolly! Looks like another thing I need to TiVo. Thanks for the tip.

;-)

Kelly the little black dog said...

In case you can't tell, listening to either of these two makes my ears bleed!

K T Cat said...

I did TiVo it and watched it twice. I thought it was flawed with some great moments. The first time I saw it, I thought the whole thing was forced. The second time I watched, I got it. That's not a good thing as it meant that the writers got too close to their work to see it with the audience's eyes.

I thought the opening bit, particularly the Hillary and Iran jokes were hysterical. I liked the Ann and Rush bit, too.

I've never seen any of the shows they're trying to copy, so I don't know how it compares, but I kept thinking as I watched it the first time that I couldn't see how they could do a full 30 minutes with political material.

The ACLU ads seemed a bit forced, but they have provided such a huge library of material that you could do two ACLU ads per show for years and never run out of new things to say.

I used to watch Rush's TV show back in the day and I thought he did an outstanding job on it. He had great video clips that you would never see anywhere else and he used them to great effect. His humor was only there to make a point whereas with this show, the humor was the point.

We'll see how this one goes. I think it will get better with time.

Dr. Zaius said...

"Rush Limbaugh" - "outstanding job" - "used them to great effect" ??? As a cat that is half black and half white, I am guessing from your response that you don't mind being called a "half-rican" American?

I can't say that I agree with you on your apparent love of Rush "all-drug-addicts-are-evil-except-me" Limbaugh.

I would expect a cat to have more sense. Then again, you fell for the cardboard box with a towel, instead holding out for the velvet-lined mahogany box. ;o)