Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Autumn is here


Well there is no denying it any longer. We had our first significant frost last night. I wrapped the exposed pipes last night and brought in the house plants. And put away the shorts. Autumn is here!

Most of my life, I've lived in places where the transition between seasons was subtle and gradual. I'm used to Spring and Fall going on for a couple of months at least. In Colorado you're lucky if you get any transition at all. We had a pretty hot summer, so I was looking forward to some moderate weather. I got three weeks. The foot hills are already covered with snow. It shouldn't last, but the change is in full swing.

2 comments:

K T Cat said...

We've been getting rain out here in San Diego. Weird.

I've also been unhappy with how little photography I've been able to do. I was hoping for some better stuff to put on the blog, but I'm just not getting to do it. I think having the Catican PC go down for an extended period didn't help.

Snow pictures here, soon?

Kelly the little black dog said...

Some strange weather this year. Try taking your camera to work. I started doing that and took a few photos over lunch and during the commute. I'll post some of these over the weekend.

We might get our first snow in town this next week.