Monday, October 22, 2007

San Diego Fires

This is a bad one. I grew up in Southern California, and the fire has never gotten this close to the ocean in San Diego. for those not familiar with the area the fire is heading west toward the ocean between Solana Beach to the north and Del Mar to the South. My parents just got the evacuation warning and are heading to UCSD to the south in La Jolla. The city of San Diego told them to head up to Orange County near LA. Which is insane. I never thought I'd see it, but California is out of its depth - its just one step from turning this into another Katrina screw up.

3 comments:

K T Cat said...

I saw this one, too. Thanks for the link. Sorry about your parents. As late into this as they had to evacuate, I can't imagine where they found a place to stay. My folks are here with me.

Evil Spock said...

I hope your family is safe and sound during this disaster. That's gotta be some scary stuff.

Kelly the little black dog said...

Thanks for everyone's concern. Its worse having to rely on the media for information of what is going on. KT has some links to updated info.

KT, glad to hear your folks are safe! Say hi for me. My folks went to UCSD. One of their neighbors invited them to stay there.