Sunday, November 04, 2007

Who to vote for?

Presidential elections have a tendency to degenerate into popularity contests. So to help voters select a candidate consistent with their world view, Glassbooth has just introduced an online survey that matches you with a candidate.

The survey proceeds in two steps. You begin by distributing points among priority issues, such as drugs, trade, social security, Iraq & foreign policy, and so forth. Then based on your answers in the first part of the survey, a series of questions are generated to match you up with a candadate.

3 comments:

FreakyNick said...

Not surprising for me, the survey said:
"Dennis Kucinich shares a 95% similarity with your beliefs"

David Gravel and Hillary come in 2nd and 3rd.

K T Cat said...

This is a pretty clever way to do it. I get Rudy as my #1 at 79%. My man Fred comes in at 60%.

Right now I'm Fred #1 and Rudy #2 so this is pretty close.

Kelly the little black dog said...

What I thought interesting is seeing where I differed from specific candidates. I also got very different results based on slight differences when selecting the priorities. Perhaps its a bit too sensitive to this.